Pandrol supplied a number of materials including a horizontal as well as a vertical elastic mat, and a special design with adapted transition stiffness on the Floating Slab Mat (FSM) perimeter.
The floating slab is a high performing vibration attenuation system based on the mass-spring principle, where the concrete slab (the mass) is elastically supported by a continuous resilient mat (the spring).
Pandrol’s slabs are made of high quality resin-bonded rubbers. The elastic properties of the mat solution are defined by – track and train design; chosen material type, defined thickness & number of layers and determined shape factor. Depending on these design parameters, Pandrol solutions can achieve a vibration attenuation up to 25 dBv with a low resonance frequency.
The advantages of a Pandrol FST installation include:
- A minimal number of components
- Supplied in rolls or sheets
- Quick and easy installation
- Compatible to special track works such as man-holes, pipes and electrics
- Free from closing joints between adjacent mats
- Wide range of stiffness available providing ground borne noise and vibrations
- Excellent mechanical and chemical properties
- Water permeable
- Low resonance frequency (~14-25 Hz)
- Durability and stability